Tuesday

Learning Development Part 4

To finish off my tutorials I went back to Flash 8 and completed a tutorial that taught me how to create some simpler buttons that changed colour when hovered over. These where much easer to create than the ones I tried to produce from scratch.



Also the tutorial explained how to set a target area for a link. When looking at the example at the bottom of the page the clickable area of the logo is actually wider than text.



Button Tutorial

What may be the cause of this feeling of ease with the built in tutorials is that they often provide you with the design elements and so it is more like putting a jigsaw together than creating a working document from scratch.




The final tutorial I completed was to do with making a website in flash that meets with accessibilty guidelinesAccessibility. This required me to add a tab order to elements and provided text for a screen reader to follow.



This was a relief to find that this was actually possible but not only possible it is actually possible to do it quite simply. Flash actually prompts you in certain instances to add these elements much the same way that Dreamweaver makes adding alt tags simple. I think it is elements such as this that makes it a very user friendly piece of software.

No comments: