Tuesday

Learning Development Part 5

Overall I would say that I have picked up a decent amount of information form doing these tutorials and if nothing else I have become quite familiar with the language/terms associated with Flash. I feel much more confident that I will be able to go on and produce a webpage myself. To test what I havd learnt I decided to try and produce a banner for portfolio site just to have on there temporarily until I come to design the site at a later date. I wanted to try and create a banner that looked like a neon light had been switched on just after you accessed the page.



I was able to do this simply enough as it wasn’t a complex idea and included processes I had used in my previous tutorials. I was pleased with myself however that I was able to do this with minimal referral back to the tutorials.



The only major problem I encountered was that I couldn’t remember how to stop the animation looping. I was able to stop this by adding the smallest and simplest piece of Actionscript which was ‘stop();’which solved this. I looked this up in Flash CS3 Proffessional by Katherine Ulrich.



Then I decided that the action was too quick and people might not notice the animation at all so I added some extra frames so that the animation didn’t start immediately.



The resulting piece is something that, although very simple, I am very proud of as its my first piece of self designed and produced Flash.



Self Designed Banner

No comments: