Tuesday

Research Part 1

Research using FWA


1. http://ludoescrime.com/?color=0xFF0000



The first thing I notice is the amount of time it takes for the page to load. Firstly there is a splash screen almost which you click to enter, then the loading page. Once loaded the 3d effects begin. There is music on this site which is not something common amongst pages not produced in Flash I imagine, does Flash make adding a sound file easier?



This page once loaded is a 3D page and navigation occurs due to the site rotating through 180 degrees on a vertical axis, I haven’t seen this before and it seems quite impressive. The overall feel is a site that is very trendy and modern though, I imagine, not a site that conforms with the usability guidelines. I can’t see any alt tags which must be in relation to the file type of the button and images or else this site doesn’t concern itself with usability. This is something I will look into when looking at further sites in Flash.



2. http://www.axeeffect.jp/axebusters/



Again this site suffers from loading times but once loaded you are greeted with a video with the option to skip. Again this isn’t the type of site I have yet come across when conducting research on this course. It seems that the types of site produced in Flash are those used by corporations for a means of advertising. The sites focus seems to be their interactivity. This site very much has the mood and feel of a computer game or a Anime cartoon. Again I didn’t notice any alt tags, is this possible?





3. http://www.upleat.com/



Initially on this site loading is not a problem though it does occur later. The loading screen has been designed in an interesting way on this site which makes the waiting process a little easier to cope with. On this site it becomes apparent to me that the site navigation is not like that of usual site. It is not possible to click the back button and the site navigation all happens with one page. This will be something interesting to find out how this works, it seems a complete mystery to me right now but I’m certain it will make sense once I begin tutorials.



4. http://www.yoshinoya.com.sg/



This site is definitely my favourite so far, I like the way it moves around and the navigation seems easier to understand although the idea of it is quite complex. The site again seems to based on a game and it is very interactive. The thing that stands out most and what I like about it is the animation and the way the site moves, I also like the style in which it is produced, this may be because it is in flat colour which is similar to my style of design.


No comments: